27 Feb Warm Cinnamon Honey Almond Milk
In the spirit of “warming” spices, what could be better than cinnamon?
Much, much more than just a delicious scent and something to sprinkle on toast, the health benefits of cinnamon are impressive.
A variety of studies are showing promise in the following areas:
- regulates blood sugar levels
- reduces LDL (bad) cholesterol
- anti-inflammatory – especially with pain due to arthritis
- may reduce proliferation of cancer cells
- natural food preservative
- source of fiber, calcium, iron and manganese
- shows promise in the prevention/management of Alzheimers, Parkinsons, and MS
- scent has been shown to boost brain function
- traditional “warming” agent in Chinese medicine
Of course, always best to look for organic. Store in a glass container in a dark, dry place. I really like cinnamon from Truly Organic Foods, and find their price to be very economical.
Enjoy this warming beverage with the added nutritional boost of raw honey!
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 1/2 teaspoons organic cinnamon
1-2 teaspoons raw honey (or to taste :))
1 teaspoon vanilla
Gently warm above ingredients, being careful not to bring to a boil. This will help retain the nutritional benefits.